Updated January 4, 2017
Sunday, January 8, 2017
How to Lobby in Olympia
- Training session sponsored by the King County Democrats. The training on Sunday will be a discussion about how we push our platform into law in Olympia. We will go into detail about how the legislative process works, how bills are drafted, debated, passed in committee, transferred between chambers, and finally how it gets to the Governor's desk. There is a lot to cover, and with the legislative session starting, we wanted to take the leap and give you the tools to lobby for your values and for the issues that you care about.
- This training session will be a series of presentations by experienced grassroots lobbyists who have had successes over the last few years. We will also have details about what the top priorities of the King County Democrats Legislative Action Committee will be during this legislative session and how you can get involved.
- Rainier Arts Center, 3515 S Alaska St, Seattle, Sunday, January 8th, 1pm to 4pm, Tickets are $5, available at our Action Network site here.
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Evergreen Democratic Club
- Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 11:30 am at Angelo's Restaurant, 601 SW 153rd St., Burien. Lunch is $13 and includes salad, beverage and tip.
- Contact - Martha Koester by email or 206.439.7362
Wednesday, January 11, 2016
34th Dems Reorganization
- 7:00 PM, Hall at Fauntleroy, West Seattle.
- We will elect new officers and appoint new committee chairs for 2017-18.
- Agenda and details will be on the meeting page here
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
34th District Executive Board Meeting
- The Executive Board meets on third Wednesday. 7:00 PM - Puget Ridge Co-Housing, 7020 - 18th Ave. S. W. For directions, see their website. All members are welcome to attend.
- Minutes of E-Board meetings and other docs can be found here.
- Call or e-mail the webmaster for details or directions.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
King County Democratic Central Committee
- KCDCC Location: Renton Carpenters Hall, 231 Burnett Avenue North in Renton, 7:00 PM.
- See also www.kcdems.org.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Drinking Liberally Burien - Talking Politics
- Drinking Liberally Burien meets at the Mark Restaurant, 918 SW 152nd St.
- Special Meeting combining the November and December meetings
- 7:00 PM and onward, see the Drinking Liberally chapter page here,
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
White Center Food Bank Distribution
- Each month 34th District Democrats' members help distribution food at the White Center Food bank. Please come help with this important community mission.
- 05:00 PM - 08:15 PM
- Point of Contact is Audrey Zemke>
Thursday, January 26, 2017
West Seattle Democratic Women
- See the WSDW website here.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Drinking Liberally West Seattle - Talking Politics
- 6:00 PM, Pizzeria 22, 4213 SW College Street, Seattle
- An informal gathering of Progressive Democrats in a relaxed setting.
Website Copyright 2017 34th District Democratic Organization
Send comments or questions to the Webmaster.