Updated October 13, 2016
Endorsements for the 2016 Elections Cycle - General Election
Download a color flyer of these endorsements here. The flyer is suitable for printing and distribution to others.
- Hillary Clinton, President
- Patty Murray, U.S. Senator
- Jay Inslee, Governor
- Pramila Jayapal, U.S. Congress, 7th District
- Cyrus Habib, Lieutenant Governor
- Tina Podlodowski, Washington Secretary of State
- Bob Ferguson, Washington Attorney General
- Mike Kreidler, Washington Insurance Commissioner
- Pat McCarthy, Washington State Auditor
- Hillary Franz - Commissioner of Public Lands
- Erin Jones and Chris Reykdal for Superintendent of Public Instruction (dual endorsement)
- Eileen Cody, Washington State Representative, 34th District
- Joe Fitzgibbon, Washington State Representative, 34th District
- Mary Yu, WA Supreme Court Justice Pos. 1
- Barbara Madsen, Supreme Court Justice Pos. 5
- Charlie Wiggins, Supreme Court Justice Pos. 6
- King County Superior Court Judges:
- Nicole A. Gaines Phelps, Pos. 14
- David S. Keenan, Pos. 26
- Johanna Bender, Pos. 28
- Steven Rosen, Pos. 33
- John McHale, Pos. 43
- Eric Newman, Pos. 44
- Anthony Gipe, Pos. 52
- Greg Hirikawa
- Marianne Spearman
- Helen Halpert
- King County District Court Judges
- Laurel Gibson, Southwest District Position #3
- Lisa Paglisotti, West District Position #1
- Initiative I-735 - Overturn the Citizens United Decision - Vote YES
- Initiative I-1491 - Extreme Protection Orders - members encouraged to sign
- Initiative I-1501 - Increasing Penalties for Crimes against Vulnerable Individuals (such as seniors) - Vote YES
- Initiative I-1515 - Locker Room Safety and Student Privacy Act - Decline to Sign and Vote NO
- Sound Transit 3 - Proposition 1 - Funding for Expansion - Vote YES!
- Highline School District Bond Measure - Vote YES!
(For reference, here is a color flyer with our endorsements for the 2016 primary election.)
Endorsements for the 2015 Elections Cycle
Endorsements for the November 2, General Election
The 34th Democrats endorsed the following candidates for the November General election. Click here for a printable flyer (PDF) of these endorsements:
- Shannon Braddock and Lisa Herbold (dual) for Seattle City Council District 1.
- Tim Burgess and Jon Grant for Seattle Council Position 8,
- Bill Bradburd and Lorena Gonzalez for Seattle Council Position 9.
- Joe McDermott for King County Council Position 8.
- Scott Pinkham for Seattle School Board Position 1.
- Laura Obara Gramer and Rick Burke for Seattle School Board Position 2.
- Jill Geary for Seattle School Board Position 3.
- Leslie Harris for Seattle School Board Position 6.
- Holli Giffin for Burien City Council Position 2
- Jon Scherer for Burien City Council Position 4
- Austin Bell for Burien City Council Position 6.
- Lloyd Hara for King County Assessor.
- Zack Hudgins for King County Elections Director.
- Courtney Gregoire for Port Commission Position 2.
- Fred Felleman for Port Commission Position 5.
- Susan Genzale for SW Suburban Sewer District Position 3
- Washington Initiative 1366 - Vote NO
- Seattle Proposition 1 - Let's Move Seattle - Vote YES.
- Seattle I-122 - Honest Elections Seattle - Vote YES.
- King County Proposition 1 - Best Starts for Kids - Vote YES
Oct 16 - Ballots drop for General
Nov 3 - General Election
Endorsements for the February 10 Special Election
- Highline School District Levy - Vote YES.
Endorsements for the April 28 Special Election
- King County Public Safety Radio System - Vote YES - Measure passed with an overwhelming margin.
Endorsements for the 2014 Elections Cycle (Finished)
The 34th District Endorses!
The following candidates and ballot issues are endorsed by the 34th District Democrats for the General Election on November 4, 2014. This page also shows the results - all of our candidates and endorsed ballot measures succeeded except one:
State Supreme Court
King County District Court
City of Seattle Municipal Court
Ballot measures (General Election):
Updates to this page:
Tell us about errors, send updates or ask questions to the 34th WebEditor
Web Posting Policy
Only candidates endorsed by the 34th District are shown on our website, unless no candidate has been endorsed. This is in accordance with our web posting policy.
Website Copyright 2014 34th District Democratic Organization
Send comments or questions to the Web Editor.
- Highline Schools' Levy - Vote YES
- King County Elections
- City of Seattle Ethics and Elections
- Secretary of State Elections
- 34th State Senator - Re-Elect Sharon Nelson - ELECTED!
- 34th State Rep. Position 1 - Re-Elect Eileen Cody - ELECTED!
- 34th State Rep. Position 2 - Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon - ELECTED!
- Position #1 - Mary Yu - ELECTED!
- Position #3 - Mary E. Fairhurst - ELECTED!
- Position #4 - Charles W. Johnson - ELECTED!
- Position #7 - Debra L. Stephens - ELECTED!
- West District Position #1 - Johanna Bender - ELECTED!
- West District Position #2 - Mark Chow and Phillip Tavel (dual endorsement) - Chow ELECTED!
- West District Position #5 - Anne C. Harper - ELECTED!
- Position #1 - Ed McKenna - ELECTED!
- Position #2 - C. Kimi Kondo - ELECTED!
- Position #3 - Steve Rosen - ELECTED!
- Position #5 - Willie Gregory - ELECTED!
- Position #6 - Karen Donohue - ELECTED!
- Position #7 - Damon Shadid - ELECTED!
- United States Rep., 7th District - Re-Elect Jim McDermott - ELECTED!
- State Initiative 594 - Require background checks for firearms sales and transfers - Vote YES - PASSED!
- State Initiative 591 - Concerns firearms - Vote NO - NOT Passed!
- State Initiative 1351 - concerning K-12 education - NO POSITION - PASSED!
- State Advisory Vote No. 8 Concerning Marijuana Excise Tax - Vote MAINTAINED - MAINTAINED!
- State Advisry Vote No. 9 Concerning leasehold excise tax on tribal propoerty - Vote MAINTAINED - MAINTAINED!
- Seattle Proposition 1A and 1B:
- Question 1: Vote YES - PASSED!
- Question 2: Choose PROP 1B - PASSED!
- Seattle Transportation Benefit District, Proposition 1 - Vote YES - PASSED!
- Highline School Levy: Vote APPROVE - FAILED but by less than 1% of the vote.
Website Copyright 2015 34th District Democratic Organization
Send comments or questions to the Webmaster.